Hello, hello! How have you been? It's good to see you again!
I'm back after an extended break from blogging and can't wait to fill you in on all the exciting things I have in the works. After a knee and foot injury, I took a break from running and have been pouring myself into drawing and illustration over the past year. I LOVE writing, being creative, crafting and coloring. Growing up I used to carry around this red suitcase made of wood with all of my art supplies. When we moved from California back to New Jersey, it was lost by the airline and just broke my heart. And if you're like me...
LOL! My mom was on a hunt for years to find another one and guess what...for my birthday what does she walk in with...a red wood box filled with art supplies!! Do you see that smile?!? Sometimes it's the littlest things among the hustle and bustle of day to day life, the stress and forgetting our passions that can bring us right back to where we need to be.
THEN About a year ago, I started going through the things I would want to put on my bucket list. You know all of the things you want to teach yourself, things to try and places to go. Well as a graphic designer I wanted to learn how to draw and not just on the computer. So after much googling, I came across this TED TALKS with Graham Shaw and with a few quick strokes all the mental puzzle pieces came together. AMAZING!
DAY 1: After watching the video & looking at sketch books, here is my first try on October 20, 2015:
DAY 3: I searched and looked for pictures to use as references. Here's my 2nd on October 22, 2015:
And by DAY 57: Just three days shy of 3 months drawing every night, I was able to draw Bruce Lee
So on and on the days went I kept practicing and watching videos from any source I could find. I became a natural artist and not just a Graphic Designer by print. Big check on my bucket list!
Then I thought I love coloring and I love drawing, why not create my own series of adult coloring books!! So with you in mind I'll be bringing a different blogging experience to you instead of just reading blog post after blog post, we'll be interacting with each other, coloring, drawing, designing and sharing our work. I can't wait!
p.s. To celebrate the soon-to-be-released coloring books, here’s a free, downloadable page for you to enjoy! Grab your jammies, some tea or coffee, your crayons and let's go!
A new and creative way to reach your New Year’s Resolution and other goals. I have drawn a few designs to help you meet your goals for 2016 or any day of the year.
A pound lost, a day/week of workout completed, savings, a feeling, a countdown or a step taken…no goal is too big or too small!
Select your colors and fill in one as you complete a step toward your goal. Choose one color, two or the whole box to represent your actions. Get creative!!
Recommendations:Use laser printer work best for digital downloads. Sharpie markers or colored pencils work best.
Display your colorful accomplishment as a piece of art in your home or office.
The Bikini Progress Print contains 90 swirls. With 30 in each section, you choose what each swirl represents.
The Dress Progress Print contains 103 swirls. You choose what each swirl represents. A pound lost, a day/week of workout completed, savings, a feeling, a countdown or a step taken…no goal is too big or too small!
Hand-drawn and designed with your goals in mind. Custom designs made upon request. Please do not resell or duplicate as these are original works of art.
My Version of the Grilled Market Salad
(Prep Time 15 minutes)
1 quart mason jar
4 TBSP Homemade AC Vinaigrette
1/2 Green Apple Cut in thirds
4 Strawberries quartered
1/2 cup Blueberries
2 Handfuls Romaine
1 TBSP Pecans
1 tsp blue cheese (optional)
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
Makes 1 cup or 16 TBSP
(Prep time 5 minutes)
1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar ( I probably use 1/2 cup)
1-2 tablespoons raw honey, as needed for sweetness
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp fresh black pepper or to taste & a dash of salt (I left the salt out)
Blend or shake well and store in airtight container in the fridge
Here is week 1 Review:
It stayed crisp and fresh all week long. I didn't have to worry about running out for lunch, spending cash or going off track. This definitely made my week less hectic now that my son is in school and we commute in the morning. Just mix it up with different flavors and salads and you have yourself a WIN - WIN - WIN! Stay tuned for more recipes!
OK who's ready?? I've completed it successfully twice and have now moved on to the next part of eating clean! Click the button to see my results and review-->
ARE YOU READY? To Join Us on the 10-Day Green Smoothie Challenge Starting Monday, 9/14/15:
1. COMMIT TO MAKING YOUR HEALTH A PRIORITY. CONGRATS on taking this amazing first step to take back control your weight and health. If you are reading this, you’ve already done the hard part and that’s make the DECISION to lose weight and get healthy. You are on your way. This is a journey that will change your life; it’s NOT a diet but a lifestyle! Be kind and supportive to yourself. Learn to applaud yourself for the smallest accomplishment. And when you slip up sometimes, know that it is okay; it is called being human. It’s about progress everyday NOT perfection!
2. READ THE BOOK: Get your copy of the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse on Amazon for Half-Price at: http://amzn.to/1JqqYXV The book will give you all the recipes, instructions on how to do the cleanse and tips to ensure your success on the 10-day cleanse. The book is available in Paperback and eBook and in stores such as Barnes & Nobles, Target, Walmart, Costcos, BJs, and Whole Foods. Be sure to READ the book prior to starting the cleanse. You’ll find that most questions have been answered or explained and you will be a lot more successful if you actually READ the Book. There are tons of tips and ways to accelerate weight loss.
3. ATTEND THE FREE KICKOFF CALL: On Wednesday, 9/9 at 7pm EST. I will conduct a kickoff video call to answer any remaining questions that you may have and to make sure you’re ready to be successful on the 10-day green smoothie cleanse.
4. CHECK-IN DAILY: I will post a daily check-in post on this Page so make sure you LIKE this page so that you can check in daily, get questions answered daily and allow yourself to be accountable to thousands of others doing the 10-day Cleanse on 9/14/15. I will also have a team of Ambassadors available to help you as well. You will have the support you need to succeed.
5. PARTICIPATE IN THE $1,000 CONTEST. At the end of the 10-day cleanse on 9/14/15, feel free to enter the $1,000 Contest with your chance to win by sharing your experience while on the 10-day green smoothie cleanse. Contest details will be posted on this Page prior to the start of the Cleanse.
I look forward to you joining us on the 10-day green smoothie cleanse on Monday, 9/14/15. This is YOUR jumpstart to weight loss and better health!
"As a working mom and dedicated wife, I understand how difficult it can be to get moving. Sometimes it seems like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done! Follow me on my journey to a healthier me as I share my experience along with tips and tricks of a busy mom one race at a time, one day at a time.
I hope to inspire you to get moving and help fight the obesity rate among women."